We pick you up from your hotel at about 8am and travel by bus,
for about 4 hours, to the small village of Cachora where we will
meet our horseman and mules.
We will begin our trek along the edge of the Apurimac canyon and
follow the trail, enjoying the dramatic landscapes and a variety
of plant and animal life until we reach our campsite, ‘La
Playa Rosa Linda’ (1650m/5413ft).
We will get up early, have breakfast and begin our walk by crossing
the Apurimac River and then descending to the lowest point on
the trail. Following this, we have a steep ascent through a thick
cloud forest towards the Inca site of Choquekirao.
We will have lunch and then time to relax and enjoy the archeological
zone, plants, animals (hopefully condors), and views of nearby
canyons and snow-capped mountains (Soray – 5428m/17808ft
andTuncarway 5910m/19389ft). We will camp close to the site (3033m/9950ft).
Today, we will have breakfast followed by a 3-hour guided tour
around Choquekirao itself. After this, we descend to our last
campsite, ‘Santa Rosa’.
We will wake to birds’ songs and beautiful scenery. We
will walk to Cachora and from there take a bus back to Cusco to
arrive at about 8pm.
CHOQUEQUIRAO VISIT GUIDE
- Professional, bilingual Tour Guide.
- Collection from hotel.
- Return bus transportation (Cusco-Cachora-Cusco).
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks, 3 dinners and
various snacks to be eaten throughout the day (breakfast on
day 1 and
- lunch on ay 4 are not included).
- Dining tent with table and chairs.
- Horseman and mules (they carry cooking and camping equipment).
- Two-man tent.
- Sleeping mattress.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First Aid kit.
What you need to take:
- Sleeping bag (not included but can be hired from us).
- Walking boots .
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves.
- Comfortable trousers.
- Sun hat.
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended).
- Insect repellent.
- Personal medication.
- Camera and films.
- Torch with spare batterie.
Optional items to take:
- Walking stick (with rubber tip) .
- Plasters and bandages.
- Extra money.
- 7 or 8 day treks are also available.
Please contact us for further information about these alternative